Fulani Interlace - Fabric By The Yard
Fulani Interlace is an intricate yet abstract ogee print inspired by layers of neatly braided, highly intricate, rhythmic intertwining lines, textures and shapes seen in ancient Fulani coiffures.
These iconic braid patterns specific to the Fulani ethnic group were passed down through generations, often as a way to communicate marital status, social status and age. The curvilinear disc forms often seen with long plaits, defy gravity while adorned with gold, beads and coins intricacy woven into their braids.
• Made from 100% polyester fabric
• Smooth surface with low lustre
• Very soft hand, lovely drape, mimics silk
• Print is visible about 50% on the back side
• Vivid print that will never fade after washing